In my past articles I presented, amongst other things, HL7 v2 messaging solutions using the Oracle SOA Suite 11g R1 B2B HL7 infrastructure. At the beginning of the calendar year 2012 Oracle released a new incarnation if its HL7 messaging capability under the name of the “SOA Suite for healthcare integration”. This capability builds on the SOA Suite B2B HL7, adding design, configurator, monitoring and management user interface capabilities which greatly simplify the task of creating HL7 v2 messaging solutions and enhance management and operational reporting.
The new and changed functionality is significant enough for me to consider writing a series of articles on the topic. The series is intended to walk the reader through the tasks of creating specific HL7 v2 messaging solutions using the SOA Suite for healthcare integration.
At this point in time I expect to produce articles on the following topics, in the order given:
- Overview of the Development Environment – this article
- A Very Brief Overview of HL7 v2 Messaging
- A Very Brief Overview of the SOA Suite for healthcare integration
- Creating a Canonical Message Model – http://blogs.czapski.id.au/2012/09/soa-suite-for-healthcare-integration-series-creating-a-canonical-hl7-v2-message-model
- HL7 v2 Inbound to File – http://blogs.czapski.id.au/2012/11/soa-suite-for-healthcare-integration-series-hl7-v2-inbound-to-file-solution
- Constructing file name from message content and messaging properties – http://blogs.czapski.id.au/2012/11/soa-suite-for-healthcare-integration-series-hl7-v2-inbound-to-file-solution
- HL7 v2 Inbound to HL7 v2 Outbound Pass-through – http://blogs.czapski.id.au/2012/12/soa-suite-for-healthcare-integration-series-hl7-v2-inbound-cmm-to-outbound-pass-through-solution
- Transformation and Routing using XSL and Mediator – http://blogs.czapski.id.au/2012/12/soa-suite-for-healthcare-integration-series-routing-and-transformation-using-xsl-solution
- Adding Data Map for pass-through code translation – http://blogs.czapski.id.au/2013/01/soa-suite-for-healthcare-integration-series-domain-value-map-dvm-on-the-fly-code-mapping
- Automating Exception Message Handling – http://blogs.czapski.id.au/2013/01/soa-suite-for-healthcare-integration-series-exception-handling-processing-endpoint-errors
- Externalise, “Repair” and Resubmit “broken” messages – http://blogs.czapski.id.au/2013/01/soa-suite-for-healthcare-integration-series-externalise-repair-and-resubmit-broken-messages
- Implementing an A19 Query Processor – http://blogs.czapski.id.au/2013/01/soa-suite-for-healthcare-integration-series-implement-an-a19-query-processor
- Send, Receive and Translate HL7 messages using B2B Web Services
- Other Key Features
- HL7 v2 solution using JMS “the Java CAPS way” – http://blogs.czapski.id.au/2013/02/soa-suite-for-healthcare-integration-series-hl7-v2-solution-using-jms-the-java-caps-way (this article was propmpted by correspondence with Steve L)
It will take some time to produce these articles and the list may change.
I am interested in hearing from people about other topics they might like to see covered. I will consider suggestions though I am not promising that I will act upon them.
In the following sections I am briefly elaborating on what I expect each topic to cover, and presenting a solution schematic where a solution will be developed.
The article is availabe as “SOA Suite for healthcare integration Series – Series Overview” at http://blogs.czapski.id.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/SOASuiteHCI_ch1_Introduction_v0.1.0.pdf.